NAMEC 2008 Schedule Finalized
January 14, 2008: Schedule for 2008 in cooperation with NASA-TX
* February 9-10 MSR Houston (1 hour 45 minute enduro)
* March 15-16 MSR Cresson (1 hour 45 minute enduro)
* April 19-20 Texas World Speedway 2.9 Counter Clockwise w/ 4 hour enduro
* June 21-22 Hallet (1 hour 45 minute enduro)
* August 2-3 Texas World Speedway 2.9 Clockwise (1 hour 45 minute enduro)
* October 11-12 Eagles Canyon (1 hour 45 minute enduro)
Each NAMEC enduro will run in one dedicated run group ( Sports Racers only) consisting of the 4 classes below. NASA cars will be running in their own prospective groups with the exception of the April TWS race where all NAMEC and NASA enduro cars will run in the same group. Each race will include a 20 minute practice session and a 20 minute qualifying session.
Cars will run in 4 classes:
1) CN - ADR3, Norma, Chiron, etc.
1,000cc or less weight 480kg - 1,056lb
1,300cc weight 500kg - 1,100lb
1,600cc weight 520kg - 1,144lb
2,000cc weight 540kg - 1,188lb
2) C3 - Radical
1,000cc or less weight 505kg - 1,111lb
1,300cc weight 540kg - 1,188lb
1,600cc weight 565kg - 1,243lb
3) Spec Racer Fords- SCCA Specs apply
4) CSR/DSR Class- All 2.3L and under sports racers excluding converted Formula Atlantic cars. SCCA specs apply. Eligible cars include but are not limited to: West, Diasio, Phoenix, Elan, Fusion, Gloria, Johnston, Mallen-Alley, Speads, Stohr, MSR.
The detailed schedule of the events for the weekend of February 9/10 will be up on the NASA site soon. When I get those I will email the schedule to everyone on the email list.
Entry fees are $475. For an additional fee, cars in these 4 NAMEC classes are also invited to run in the NASA sprint races in the Super Unlimited group. This will include practice, qualifying and 4 sprint races. This is a total of over 4 hours of track time for the weekend not counting the test and tune day on Friday. You can enter one race at a time or multiple races.
An annual NAMEC license and NASA license are required and can be obtained by having a valid competition license from NASA, SCCA or FIA. Details of licensing is described below. This is a one time annual requirement.
The 1 hour 45 minute enduros can have 1 driver or 2. The 4 hour enduro requires at least two and no more than 4 drivers.
There will be one mandatory timed fueling stop for the 1 hr 45 min enduros to accommodate cars without dry break fueling. More for the 4 hour race.
CN and C3 cars max octane is 104. Fuel is open for 2008 for SRF and DSR/CSR.
Tires are open for 2008. We are working on a tire contingency program with Goodyear and hope to have that worked out in the next few days.
Trophies and Prize Money
Each class with more than 3 entrants will be awarded:
First Place: $150, Trophy and NAMEC Shirt
Second Place: $75, Trophy and NAMEC Shirt
Third Place: $50 and NAMEC Shirt
As the size of the classes grow through the year and as we can attract new sponsors, we will increase the prize money.
For more information see
[ North American Modern Endurance Championship ]
[ Read more ] ::