1978 Car as for sale
This is a car that was listed for sale on Race-Cars.com
in July, 2001.
Condition: very good
USD "including open trailer"
Location: California, USA
This is a Sports Racer built from a Wheeler Super Vee chassis using a
modified Tiga Sports Racer body. It is an interesting car with good
potential. The owner has stated that VARA will accept this car as Vintage
with a proper VW 1600 cc water cooled engine.
The current owner bought this car in it's current configuration, he has
not campaigned the car but has gone through everything on the car and
feels it is nearly race ready just needing a few minor fixes.
- Honda 1200cc Civic engine
- crank triggered
- built by "Jackson Racing"
- dry sump system
- side water radiators
- Hewland Mk8
- fresh box with ten minutes of running time
- Hewland in unit with gearbox
- orange paint in good shape
- Aluminum monocoque
- Dampers: rebuilt double adjustable
- Front Suspension: upper/lower steel A arms, excellent
- Rear Suspension: upper/lower steel A arms, excellent
- Steering: rack and pinion
- Brakes: VW discs, rebuilt calipers, new shoes, freshly turned
- Wheels: 3 piece spun Aluminium,
6 x 13 front, 8 x 13 rear,
- Weight: unknown
- snap in seat pads
- 5 point harness
- steering wheel
- roll cage needs to be back dated
- one front upright, one rear upright