The seller claims this car is "Thought to be the only known MK III survivor."
Specifications from Ad
- 1963 Falcon Competition model. Very limited production.
- Complete ground-up restoration by Steve Ferron's Speciality Fabrication.
- Complete frame fabrication from 1.25 by .095 4130 chrome moly material.
- 1300 cc cross-flow Cortina engine with dry sump oiling system. six bolt Tufftrided crankshaft, Venolia pistons and special camshaft. Steel rods, Gilmer drive, Deves rings, Duplex timing chain and sprockets, dual valve springs
- Custom built headers with ceramic coating.
- Custom built radiator and tanks.
- Hand built custom suspension system
- Halon fire system and Fuel Safe 8 gallon fuel cell.
- Wide ratio Cortina transmission and narrowed rear end with Summers Brothers axles.
- Tilton clutch and fly wheel.
- Panasport Minilite wheels
- Coil over suspension.
- Custom windscreen.
- Runs very cool and the car is dependable and fast.
- Painted Mazda Miata blue
- Competes in E/SR class and was a two-time season champion with VARA.
- ID number:FS38776S
- This is a real attention getter and is one car you are not likely to see very often. I have had a lot of safe fun with this car and have decided to purchase another interesting sportscar.
- Have all receipts, photos during construction and VARA log book.
- Have original frame and MGA engine and transmission, which can be added depending upon the price offered and making shipping arrangements.
From the ebay Ad
Q: Do you have an history with the car? Did you copy the original chassis? What is original on the car (you say it's 40 years old) just the body?
A: I have the history under my ownership with a log book and all receipts. By history, this car was used in rallys but was in street trim with a Texas registration when I purchased it. I have the original frame and the MGA powertrain that came with the car. The body is original.
Q: So, was this a falcon bodied MGA originally? Have you attempted to get the car approved with other West Coast clubs?
A: The car had a MGA powertrain and a tubular frame, which I still have but is not included in this auction. This car is approved for VARA and HSR West and has raced with both organizations as a E Sports Racer. It was a season points class champion for two years with VARA.